‘’ Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.’’ –Leonardo Da Vinci
I want to start my post with Leonardo Da Vinci because he was an incredible artist and he also work for aviation. He always dreamed BIG and that’s because he is my inspiration.
Today I would like to write about Turkish Airlines’s Fleet. I choose this topic because Turkish Airlines growing with an enormous growth rate and ofcourse I’m proud of that. If you travel with Turkish Airlines you can easily recognize the quality.
Firstly I will introduce you AirFleets. AirFleets means a group or assamblage of aircrafts.
Turkish Airlines’s Fleet includes 275 planes but they include 13 plane sorts. 2 sorts of that planes are for Cargo.
I would like to start with B737-800 because this type of plane take more place in Turkish Airlines’s fleet.
- There are 87 B737-800 in Turkish Airline’s Fleet.
- Boeing 737 was carried over than 7,000,000,000 people and it is equal to world’s population.
- B737-800’s seating capacity is about 151-165-189
- B737-800 can fly 5.420 km nonstop
- Whenever you check it you can see 1250 B737-800 are flying over clouds at the same time
- There are 46 A321-200 in Turkish Airlines’s Fleet.
- A321-200 is the largest member of Airbus320 family.
- A321-200’s seating capacity is about 178-180-194.
- A321-200 also give you an comfortable flight because it has wide seats.
- A321-200’s maximum take-off weight is 89.000 kg
- There are 32 A320-200 in Turkish Airlines’s Fleet.
- A320-200’s seating capacity is about 150-159
- Maximum takeoff weight is 73,500/ 77,000 kg for A320-200.
You can watch this video right there and see inside of the A320-200.
- There are 22 A330-300 in Turkish Airlines’s Fleet.
- A320-300’s seating capacity is about 289
- Maximum take-off weight is 233,000 kg for A320-300
- These planes are strengthened with Rolls Royce engines
- Turkish Airlines buy them planes from Airbus in 2010
- There are 20 B777-300ER in Turkish Airlines’s Fleet
- Seating capacity is about 337-349 for B777-300ER
- B777-300ER’s maximum takeoff weight is 351,534 kg
- B777-300ER is 19% lighter than other aircrafts which are in the same class with B777-300ER
- Turkish Airlines have 16 A330-200
- A330-200’s seating capacity is about 223-250-281
- Maximum takeoff weight is 233,000 kg for A330-200
- A330-200 has 2 corridor, if you fear of flying, you will feel more comfortable in this plane.
- Turkish Airlines’s fleet have 14 319-132/100
- A319-132/100’s seating capacity is about 132
- Maximum takeoff weight is 70,000 kg
- You can see A319-132/100’s landing in this video
- Turkish Airlines have 14 B737-900ER
- B737-900ER’s seating capacity is about 151-169
- Maximum takeoff weight is 85,13 kg
- This kinf of planes are for long range.
- Turkish Airlines wanted to have these planes for Africa and Asia flights.
- You can watch this video for a brief overview
- Here is an accident video of B737-900ER
- Turkish Airlines have 7 B737-700 in its fleet
- B737-700’s seating capacity is about 124 – 149
- Maximum takeoff weight for B737-700 is 61,998/ 79,015/ 70,987/ 76,883 kg
- Turkish Airlines have 4 A340-300 in its fleet
- A340-300’s seating capacity is about 270
- And maximum takeoff weight is 257,000 kg
- Here is a video of A340-300’s takeoff
- Turkish Airline use these planes for long times.
- But in these days Turkish Airlines decided to use these planes for short range.
- Turkish Airlines’s Fleet have 3 E190
- E190’s seat capacity is about 110
- Maximum takeoff weight is 50,300 kg
- Embraer has spacious corridors you can walk while cabin crew members serving
- Turkish Airlines have 7 A330-200F CARGO in its fleet
- A330-200F CARGO has no seating capacity because its an Cargo plane.
- Maximum takeoff weight of A330-200F Cargo is 233,000 kg
There are 3 A310 Cargo plane in Turkish Airlines’s Fleet
- This aircraft has no seating capacity
- This aircraft’s maximum takeoff weight is 157,000/153,000 kg